Friday, July 9, 2010

Hi Everyone,
It is with a heavy heart that I announce the death of my walking shoes. They have been two of my very closest friends. They have been with me through rain, snow, and sun, on many visits to the gym and on many fishing trips. Age finally caught up to them on this last trip together. Unfortunately, they suffered mightily this past couple weeks as their soles literally separated a bit more each day from their bodies. They deserved a timely and fitting funeral, but alas, the best I could do was to lay them to rest in a communal receptacle at the end of the hall. We wondered how I could possibly replace them, but that was something I just had to do. Their replacement is not nearly as good, not nearly as supportive or as familiar. It’s kind of like walking in flip-flops with a laced top. As we get used to each other, I can only hope our friendship will last until the time to part company next year about this time. This is just another testimony that you need to pick your friends carefully because their influence can be with you for a very long time. Hope my feet survive. I’ll give these shoes another week or so, and if I start having problems…. They’ll join my other dearly departed friends. Dad

2 comments:

B.J. Cox said...

Nice dad, I hope I get as good of comments if I die and you speak at my funeral!

Karen Gorder said...

You and Dee are so dramatic about your shoes... what's up with that? :-)